Only downtown Charleston SC can you find an outdoor wedding venue that will combine lush gardens corners and architectural enhancements with elegant historically preserved interiors to achieve an excellently balanced indoor and outdoor wedding platform. I love the white gazebo columns and the reflection pool.
If you’d like to get ready at the venue there are a couple of options for you. One of them is the main house. With several levels and several rooms at each level, there is plenty of “room” if you have a larger wedding party. The interior decor is elegant and historically themem. The large windows provide beautiful opportunities for a wedding day bridal portrait.
If you have a smaller bridal party I recommend renting the Carriage House. The Carriage House is a cute little building in the back. Many people choose to have their ceremony in the courtyard of the Carriage House. Inside, the structure has a spiral staircase, exposed brick walls, wood elements and rustic decor. I makes for a unique and interesting setting for the getting ready photos. (read more getting ready tips here)
– the William Aiken House offers the option for an outdoor ceremony and reception with a rainy day back-up plan to go inside and/or add a yard wedding tent
– the white chandelier amphitheater/ gazebo is a beautiful backdrop for formal photos or intimate bride- groom portraits
– the live oak trees in the yard are breath taking and offer many options for romantic/ formal photos
– using the outdoor courtyard for the cocktail hour and reception area can result in breath taking photos. My recommendation as a photographer is to have a tent rented as a back-up and consult with your planner the day of to see if it is needed in case of rain. If not, enjoy the beautiful courtyard and add as many lights and lanterns as you can.
– the reflection pool is a beautiful enhancement to the natural elements. My suggestion is that you enhance it with as many string lights as possible.
As a wedding photographer in Charleston SC it is my job to be familiar with each wedding venue and to know how to best take advantage of it’s highlights and strengths. If you’re getting married at the William Aiken House I hope you will consider hiring Diana Deaver Weddings and rely on our expertise and experience with this venue for your wedding photos. The following wedding venue review is an independent photographic review based on our personal experience as hired photographers. Please visit the William Aiken House web page and contact Patrick Properties directly to get more information.